Introduction and Learning Objectives
The Ethics & Professionalism in Dentistry library workshops are designed to support your course work and your clinical practice. Students will attend two separate workshops this fall.
The first workshop will focus on critical resources for first year students. After attending this workshop you will be able to:
After this workshop you will be able to:
Locate course materials on reserve using the Tufts University Libraries Catalog
Manipulate 3D anatomical images, videos and definitions using Primal Pictures
- Retrieve drug and disease information using the point-of-care resources Lexi-Comp ONLINE for Dentistry
- Identify the standard of the ADA Principles of Ethics and Code of Professional Conduct (ADA Code) that addresses lifelong learning
During the workshop you will complete a "hands-on" quiz on TUSK that will count towards 10% of your final grade for Ethics & Professionalism in Dentistry.
The second workshop will review locating and citing the dental literature. The following guide will be discussed during the workshop:
Librarians will lead the scheduled workshops. Scheduling for the workshops is based on last name. Consult the first year schedule on TUSK to confirm the dates of the workshops for which you have been assigned.
Workshops will be held in Merritt Auditorium on the following Mondays from 3:15pm-4:30pm .
Monday, September 8, 2014
Monday, September 15, 2014
Monday, October 6, 2014
Monday, October 27, 2014
Librarians are available to help you Mon-Fri 9:30am - 5pm.
· In-person (Info Service Desk on Sackler 4) or by phone at 617.636.6705
· Live chat: http://www.library.tufts.edu/hsl/services/ask.html
· Email: email@example.com (expect a reply by the next workday if sent after 5pm)