Welcome to my Research Sources page for Disney/Ghibli: Comparing Two Animation Studios!
Chao Chen, Research Librarian for the Humanities
Prof. Susan Napier
- Cinema and media studies (annotated bibliographies)
II. JumboSearch for Books
Note: WorldWide Libraries (also known as WorldCat is still a better place to get a fuller picture of books on a topic.)
Sample browses for books:on various topics:
- "Animated films -- Japan"
- "Animated films -- United States"
- "Miyazaki, Hayao, 1941-
- "Walt Disney Productions"
- "Captivity in films"
- "Heroines in films"
- "Masculinity in films"
- "Nature in films"
- "Race and Racism in films"
A few sample titles at Tisch:
- Disney and philosophy : truth, trust, and a little bit of pixie dust
- The Disneyfication of animals
- Handsome heroes & vile villains : masculinity in Disney's feature animation
- Hayao Miyazaki
- Joe Hisaishi's soundtrack for My neighbor Totoro
- Miyazakiworld: a life in art
- Music in Disney's animated features : Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to The jungle book
- Starting point : 1979-1996
III. Journal and Magazine Articles
A. All subjects
B. Film and Related Subjects
- Communication & Mass Media
- Film & Television Literature Index
- Screen Studies Collection (more foreign language publication)
- Art & Architecture Source
- Bibliography of Asian Studies
- Historical Abstracts
- LGBTQ+ Source
- MLA International Bibliography (Literature, folklore and related studies.)
- Women's Studies