Welcome to my Research Sources page for Cinema of Apocalypse!
Chao Chen, Research Librarian for the Humanities
Prof. Susan Napier
- Cinema and media studies (annotated bibliographies)
II. JumboSearch for Books
Note: WorldWide Libraries (also known as WorldCat is still a better place to get a fuller picture of books on a topic.)
Suggested keywords to use when searching for books:
A few sample titles at Tisch:
- A Guide to Apocalyptic Cinema.
- Apocalyptic Dread: American Film at the Turn of the Millennium.
- Atomic Bomb Cinema: the Apocalyptic Imagination on Film.
- Crime and the imaginary of disaster: post-apocalyptic fictions and the crisis of social order
- Disaster cinema in historical perspective: mediations of the sublime
- Disaster movies: the cinema of catastrophe
- Encountering the impossible: the fantastic in Hollywood fantasy cinema
- Hibakusha Cinema: Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and the Nuclear Image in Japanese Film.
- Imag(in)ing the war in Japan: representing and responding to trauma in postwar literature and film.
- Introduction to Japanese Horror Film.
III. Journal and Magazine Articles
A. All subjects
B. Film and Related Subjects
- Communication & Mass Media
- Film & Television Literature Index
- Screen Studies Collection (more foreign language publication)
- Art & Architecture Source
- Bibliography of Asian Studies
- Historical Abstracts
- LGBTQ+ Source
- MLA International Bibliography (Literature, folklore and related studies.)
- Women's Studies