Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Requesting - Books, CD's, DVD's, and Microfilm
If you're unable to find a book, dvd, sound recording, or any other item you need from Tisch, you can request it from another library, through interlibrary loan.
Before submitting an Interlibrary loan request
- Check the library catalog to see if Tufts own a copy of the item you are looking for.
- If the item you are looking for is checked out or Tufts does not own the item search in BLC WorldCat.
Using BLC Worldcat to Request Materials from other libraries:
- Search BLC WorldCat for your title.
- When you find an item you want to borrow, click Request Item from BLC (2-5 days) or Request Item through Interlibrary Loan.
- Choose your library - Tufts University, click continue.
- Login with your Tufts Username and Password.
- The record of the item you are requesting will appear, click continue and the ILLIAD form will automatically be filled out and your request will be submitted.
If you know what you want
- Go to ILLIAD, login with your Tufts username and password.
- From the left column choose the type of item you are requesting.
- Include as much bibliographic information as possible.
- Click Submit.
How soon will my material arrive?
For items not owned by BLC libraries, it takes between 5 and 10 days for a request to arrive and depends on many factors such as:
- Age of the item
- Where it is coming from
- Item may be checked out
- Item may be non-circulating
You will receive an email when your item is ready to be checked out at the circulation desk.
Tisch Library Document Delivery