Welcome to my Research Sources page for Armenian Art and Architecture courses!
Chao Chen, your class research librarian
Prof. Christina Maranci
Recent Bibliographies and Review of Books
- Armenian Art (an annotated bibliography)
A. All subjects
B. Art and Architecture
- Architecture (The Avery Index)
- Art and Architecture Source
- ARTbibliographies Modern
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities
C. Period Studies
- L'Année philologique Classics
- International Medieval Bibliography (400-1500)).
- Iter: Gateway to the Middle Ages & Renaissance (400 - 1700)
D. Related Subjects
JumboSearch for Books (Tufts Libraries Collections)
Patterns you might follow in browsing for books on your topics on:
The Broader Context:
Christian art and symbolism -- Armenia
Illumination Of Books And Manuscripts -- Armenia
armenia* and (architect* or art) and influenc*
Tip: influenc* searches for influence, influenced, etc.
Books with Images:
monuments and "pictorial works" and medieval
medieval and "pictorial works"
Note: Worldwide Libraries (also known as WorldCat) is still a better place to get a fuller picture of books on a topic.)
History of Medieval & Renaissance Europe--Primary Documents
Internet Medieval History Sourcebook
- The Arts of Armenia (Images, descriptions, and bibliography for many Armenian manuscripts and monuments.)
- ARTStor (Over a million high quality images)