Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Legal Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
Law Dictionaries in LexisNexis Academic
Choose Advanced Options below the search box to determine where more specifically you want to search.
Includes these titles:
* Ballentine's Law Dictionary
* American Jurisprudence (2nd ed.)
* Bieber's Dictionary of Legal Abbreviations
* A Dictionary of Modern Legal Usage
* Modern Dictionary for the Legal Profession
* Martindale-Hubbell Legal Professionals
* Martindale-Hubbell Law School Directory
Wex | LII / Legal Information Institute
From Cornell University Law School's LII site.
Black's Law Dictionary
Print: Ref KF 156 .B53 2004
West’s Encyclopedia of American Law
Print: 13 volumes KF 154 .W47 2005
American Jurisprudence; a Modern Comprehensive Text Statement of American Law, State and Federal
Print: 200 plus volumes Ref KF 154 .A42
Historic U.S. Court Cases 1690-1990: An Encyclopedia
Print: Ref KF 385.A4 J64 1992